Wednesday 4 September 2013

Bendtner: I wanted to leave Arsenal, but now I'm ready to make Wenger proud

Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner has vowed to kickstart his career at The Emirates despite missing out on a move away.
The Denmark international was poised to leave and held talks with various clubs including Crystal Palace. However, after Arsenal were blocked in their attempts to sign Demba Ba from Chelsea, manager Arsene Wenger asked Bendtner to stay.
The 25-year-old said: ‘It’s no secret that Arsenal and myself had agreed that I could leave the club during the 2013 summer transfer window subject to an agreement between all parties.
Returning: Nicklas Bendtner has promised to give his all again for Arsenal
Returning: Nicklas Bendtner has promised to give his all again for Arsenal
‘An agreement had been reached with more than one club this week but as Arsenal were unable to secure the services of another striker, they reserved their right to not sanction any deal to be concluded.
‘Naturally, I was very disappointed as I was looking forward to a new challenge, with a new club and a fresh start in English football.
‘Many things have been said about where my future lies after many years at Arsenal; the truth is I just want to play football which is when I’m happiest and Arsenal is a fantastic environment for any professional to apply their trade. 
Failed: Bendtner was on loan at Juventus last season but failed to score a single league goal
Failed: Bendtner was on loan at Juventus last season but failed to score a single league goal
‘I still feel very strongly about Arsenal Football Club and following positive talks with the manager, I am looking forward to working hard to regain full fitness and doing my very best to help to the team and the manager fulfil our objectives and ambitions this season.
‘I’ve learnt a lot from my loan experiences at Sunderland and Juventus and I want to assure all Arsenal fans that I will give everything I have to contribute to what I believe will be a successful season for the club.’
Disappointment: The season before he had an unsuccessful loan spell at Sunderland
Disappointment: The season before he had an unsuccessful loan spell at Sunderland

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...