Saturday 21 September 2013

Moses Reveals Rodgers Haunt: He wanted me since I was 14


The Liverpool manager has always liked the Chelsea loanee so it did not come as a surprise that he went for him as soon as the Nigerian was made available by the Blues Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers and forward Victor Moses seem to have intricate links that started about eight years ago.


Revelations from the player indicate that the coach had always wanted him while he was a youth team trainer at Chelsea and is glad that he now has an opportunity to repay him for the faith.

“I’ve known the gaffer from when I was 14 and he wanted me to go to Chelsea,” Moses told Daily Mail.

The 22-year old said he trained with Chelsea and Rogers was the youth team coach at that time and spoke to him about switching from Crystal Palace to Chelsea.

“We had a chat and I was expected to move there. He phoned and I told him I was going to go.

“But then I had another think about it and didn’t turn up. I just didn’t go. I didn’t ring him or anything; I just didn’t go and stayed at Palace.

“I thought there was no point going to a bigger club like that and not getting in the first team, not playing," he said.

Moses was asked whether the Liverpool manager had forgiven him for that snub.

“I think so! I was still little then. It was schoolboy stuff. I was 14.

“I started playing in the first team when I was 16 at Palace and I started playing in games against the gaffer’s teams.

“I played against Reading and then Swansea so I played against him twice. I think I scored against them the second time as well!

“He didn’t mention it. He let me off! Now it’s my chance to pay him back for the respect he’s shown in coming for me again,” he added.

Moses scored in his debut for Liverpool in their 2-2 draw at Swansea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...